PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 10-25-2012

It's coming way before Christmas!

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 10-25-2012

(10-25-2012, 03:56 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Hey Alan, I suggested several months ago VPG was printing the AP laser counters when both companies were still keeping it secret and lo and behold, I was right!

All I am saying this time is I expect there will be more (open) collaborative efforts between AP and VPG in a not too distant future. It's clear to me AP will have to look for additional outside production resources if they are to publish something every two weeks (as MB stated in a GC letter last Summer).

Dan, I was just musing over the fact that the thread went from a announcement of a new PG product, to Mike getting into an accident and then potentially selling off the company. That is quite a turn of postings on the site.

Wait until you see the new an improved M3/75mm counter! The Shin counter is also improved from what I saw. A lot of good stuff in this game as far as new counters and unit types.

Now I hope you guys like it as much as I am hoping you will. There are scenario types and scenario situations for everyones taste. Now, I hope they hold up to the test of PG gamers? Only time will tell!

Oh yeah, Cave counters!!!!!!

I think I am giving too much away, so buy the game!

RE: Saipan 1944 - Dean_P - 10-25-2012

(10-25-2012, 07:10 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Oh yeah, Cave counters!!!!!!

Can't wait to argue over movement and armor factors of those!

I am hoping AP used some of my newer rules for caves or adjusted their own, we'll see, as even I don't know but the moveable cave counters for different setups and differect scenarios and even new games is a big positive! I am glad that they liked my idea on this point.

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 10-25-2012

(10-25-2012, 07:29 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I am hoping AP used some of my newer rules for caves or adjusted their own, we'll see, as even I don't know but the moveable cave counters for different setups and differect scenarios and even new games is a big positive! I am glad that liked my idea on this point.

Agree, cave rules need to be update.

RE: Saipan 1944 - J6A - 10-25-2012

Well, hopefully AP thrives on its own. However, I believe its a viable company, and that its on the right path. Also, in the absence of Dr. Mike, there would be a big design hole in things, plus it would be missing his direction. Could he be replaced? Sure, everyone's replaceable. However, good wargame developers are few and far between, so even if VPG were to pick up the AP line for whatever reason, being able to actually produce new product would be problematic.

That being said, I've thought about the collaboration thing a few times myself. I have things much higher on my agenda than that at the present, as I'm sure Dr. Mike does for AP, and one never knows.

BTW, I doubt anyone would have to purchase AP with its liabilities. Buy off the assets and have the company pay off what debts it can and then declare BK.

RE: Saipan 1944 - J6A - 10-25-2012

As for Saipan, I'm hopeful that copies start shipping next week. The VPG printer was down for most of the last week or two until Canon finally got it repaired. And with no printer, you can't print the counter fronts and backs. Its fixed now, so production is getting back to speed, and I know we're striving for quick turnaround, so hopefully counters go to Alabama by Friday. I'd love to have the game in hand before BGG.con.

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 10-26-2012

My only concern is that I know many guys like to play the first scenario of every game that comes out but in Saipan the first two scenarios are two of the larger ones, as out of the 40 I would only classify 4 as large, being over a 100 counters. But none of them are over a 158 counters so they are not monsters but for a new player to start with scenarios 1 or 2 and with amphibious landings & Casemates, I don’t want to overload them and they may want to start with scenario #3 until they learn to play PG.

Just a thought, but for everyone else dive in as scenarios range from 12 to 158 counters, with none too large for the regular PG players!