PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - vince hughes - 10-24-2012

(10-23-2012, 03:02 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: You would not say that after drinking an American light beer, Vince.

You sound like my kind of friend !

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 10-24-2012

It is objectively accurate to say that you are more likely to die in a car accident on the way to buying a lottery ticket than you are to win that lottery.

What annoys me to no end in China (where driving is AWFUL) is people who say "but I'm a safe driver!" ... that's nice, honey, and it may even be true, but there are 1.3 billion other idiots with dethsleds on the road all around you, and they probably aren't!

Kiss your loved ones, wear your seatbelt, and don't drive like a dick! Smile

And now Jay's epic thread is 100% derailed. Thanks Larry! :-P

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 10-24-2012

Sorry for derailing the thread Shad, but for some reason I can not create a new thread, at least from this computer; when ever I submit the new thread, I get an error message that there is now message in the thread.?? Believe it or not, I can get a new thread up and running from my MSNTV.2 box, which operates on a version of I.E. 6

RE: Saipan 1944 - Shad - 10-24-2012

If you tell me what operating system and browser you are using, as well as take a screenshot, then I can help you.

In the meantime I can promise that your posting privileges have not been... adjusted! ;-)

RE: Saipan 1944 - J6A - 10-24-2012

Bah, I'd have VPG buy out AP and start publishing the games. Smile

RE: Saipan 1944 - Hugmenot - 10-25-2012

I bet there is more than a grain of truth in that statement, Joshua.

Not only AP is using VPG to produce some of its game components, its new business model bears many similarities with VPG business model, except in different niche markets. I would not be surprised there will be some collaborative efforts down the road when AP resume production of "small" games (8-16 page of rules, 1 countersheet, 1 22"x34" map).

RE: Saipan 1944 - campsawyer - 10-25-2012

Heh, Heh, I love how threads can now document how rumors start. Big Grin

Hey Alan, I suggested several months ago VPG was printing the AP laser counters when both companies were still keeping it secret and lo and behold, I was right!

All I am saying this time is I expect there will be more (open) collaborative efforts between AP and VPG in a not too distant future. It's clear to me AP will have to look for additional outside production resources if they are to publish something every two weeks (as MB stated in a GC letter last Summer).

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 10-25-2012

Collaboration is often a good thing. I doubt anyone would purchase Avalanche Press with its liabilities at the moment. The last time someone purchased assets without liabilities S&T lost 40,000 subscribers and wargaming was devastated.

Now lets all help Avalanche make enough profit to catch up on its liabilities by purching copies of SAIPAN for friends and relatives this holiday season :-}

Thread back on track

Can I be your friend, Larry?

I will send you my snail address via PM so that you know where to send my Christmas gift.