PG-HQ Forums
Saipan 1944 - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Saipan 1944 (/showthread.php?tid=297)

RE: Saipan 1944 - JayTownsend - 09-21-2012

(09-21-2012, 08:24 AM)zovs Wrote: Stand-Alone or need others?

Stand alone!!!!!!!

It's a full boxed game.

RE: Saipan 1944 - zovs - 09-21-2012

Awesome, thank you.

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 09-21-2012

Jay, I simply have to ask. Back in the middle of July I suggested a game covering Saipan. You replied something to the effect that you recommended it to Mike. How far along with the design were you at that time?

RE: Saipan 1944 - J6A - 09-21-2012

I'm sure I will order this one and get to it "eventually." Probably grab some other things to help with postage...not that I have money, I'll just have to beat up more old ladies for their social security checks.

Sorry Michael, I couldn't really let the cat out of hat at that time. I was most likely done doing research and into scenario writting at that time.

Total up to now, I put at least 200 hours of reseach, scenario writting, finding new unit artwork, special rules, figuring counters totals and trying to figure map terrain, coming up with 4 generic maps or how I pictured them to be but still with a Saipan flavor and putting in all into a scenario book with attachments of all types.

After that a little back & forth with the Developer. Even I will be interested in what if any changes will be made and what the final maps will look like? What counters made the final cut and so on. But I am sure Mike, John & AP did and excellent job matching everything up.

I am leaving out about a 100 things, but you get the idea. I know John, Mike and the artwork team are putting in a lot of hours as well, so by no means does a game ever get made with only a designer.

I usually put in 20 hour weekends and 3-4 hours on work nights. Then I my wife had surgery, and I had to stay home and watch her for a week with nothing else to do but work on this project, which I usaully put in 10 hour days for that week, but over a few months it adds up. So it's a labor of love, mix in with a few days of hate! Smile

(09-21-2012, 09:01 AM)Michael Murphy Wrote: Jay, I simply have to ask. Back in the middle of July I suggested a game covering Saipan. You replied something to the effect that you recommended it to Mike. How far along with the design were you at that time?

RE: Saipan 1944 - Michael Murphy - 09-21-2012

Jay, I understand your need for your earlier reticence about this game. I'm just happy that I got lucky in guessing which battle would make a good game.

Michael, after looking over all the pacific type battles, hands down, Saipan was the best one for a PG game. Varity, size, mix of unit types, battle situations, terrrain, different branches of armored forces on both sides. I learned a lot about it.

RE: Saipan 1944 - larry marak - 09-21-2012

Man, I'm gone for two weeks, weathering a severe Adriatic storm (Got great video), searching for the old Kotor Austro-Hungarian naval base (WWI as a field of archeology??:-) ) and Jay spills the beans. That'll teach me to go on vacation with 4 women!

With the current production run of new PG products and reissued professional level supplements, it looks like I need to budget about $70 a month to stay current. :-}.

RE: Saipan 1944 - beast013 - 09-21-2012

Larry:

Forget Saipan - tell us about you and these four women! Smile

Kevin

Details? haha Smile