PG-HQ Forums
New game - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New game (/showthread.php?tid=2844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-02-2023

I tried that route... the sheets didn't print out properly. I finally gave it up as a bad job after a couple of days... had other things "to do". So, I ended up doing things that hard way... as usual.  Blush

GG

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-09-2023

.....and I'm STILL doing things the hard way!

GG

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-10-2023

I am discovering that I must develop the map(s) along with the counters along with the scenarios (history) all at the same time. A bit different than Panzer Leader/Bitz. Requires a bit more "circumspection" to do. 

The real "fun" will come in when I try to reconcile the counters with the "space available".

(Finally getting back up to speed after my hip replacement surgery. I can ACTUALLY WALK!)  (On the other hand, my wife expects me to start picking up my share of the chores... of which I have been much remiss in doing over the past year.) (Six of one, half dozen of the other!)

GG

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-14-2023

My lack of steady hands for art work is REALLY starting to bug me! (Just another frustration.)  Confused

GG

RE: New game - treadasaurusrex - 06-15-2023

I know that feeling, Brother!

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-17-2023

FINALLY got my hex/map master done! After numerous attempts (much cursing) and tracing paper toss outs, I hit upon the idea of having the hex sheet printed up by my local office supply. It would have to be done from a "master", however. It is now accomplished! (It ain't perfect, but it will do nicely.)

Now I can get on with the more enjoyable tasks!

GG

RE: New game - goosebrown - 06-17-2023

(06-17-2023, 11:49 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: FINALLY got my hex/map master done! After numerous attempts (much cursing) and tracing paper toss outs, I hit upon the idea of having the hex sheet printed up by my local office supply. It would have to be done from a "master", however. It is now accomplished! (It ain't perfect, but it will do nicely.)

Now I can get on with the more enjoyable tasks!

GG

It never happened unless you post pictures!!

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-18-2023

I, for one, would have preferred "it never happened". There SHOULD have been (and probably is...) an easier way to do things. But I prefer to "wing it" (An old Marine Corps tactic.) "Better to accomplish a 90% effectiveness in a week than to score 100% in six months." (I will caveat that by adding, "as long as it works!")

...and so it goes.

GG

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-21-2023

After much soul searching. I have settled on eight maps, four of which are "reusable", one of which is reusable, but will require a "new" terrain movement factor (the Polder map), and the Arnhem, West Arnhem and Nijmegen maps are not "reusable", for the most part.

I have also settled on two and a half (maybe three) counter sheets. I have yet to work out the German "types".

.... and on it goes.

GG

RE: New game - Grognard Gunny - 06-25-2023

Design of the maps is progressing, got two done so far (I only have to do one over, a slight mistake), all others are proceeding as planned, but.... there will be a mistake somewhere along the line... (It is forewritten in the annals!) Now I get to do some playtesting, starting with what I have thus far.

GG