PG-HQ Forums
[SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - Printable Version

+- PG-HQ Forums (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms)
+-- Forum: Panzer Grenadier (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.pg-hq.com/comms/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! (/showthread.php?tid=265)

Pages: 1 2 3

[SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - Shad - 08-30-2012

Scenario of the Month 2012 September - Scenario Selection is Complete!

Based on the results of the sign-up thread, Eastern Front, Battle of the Bulge, and Elsenborn Ridge are once again tops for ownership.

EF is play-complete, we've done Elsenborn Ridge already, so let's take a crack at Bulge.

Our previous two scenarios of the month were small footprints, low counter totals, or both. Let's challenge ourselves a bit this time!

The Panzer Grenadier Headquarters Official Scenario of the Month for September 2012 is Battle of the Bulge #44 - Martelange and Warnach, one of the meanest beasts in the box!

140 turns, 133 counters, all four maps, and a luscious OOB filled with big guns and lots of armor... I expect some thrilling AARs, lads!

As always, participation is open to everyone! If you record a play and write an AAR for this scenario in the month of September you will receive the Scenario of the Month Award*.

* - lol ... this will become a real thing soon, I promise!

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - Shad - 08-30-2012

Side note - Sinister Forces had almost as much sign-up coverage and was a tempting pick, but I figured it best to knock-off yet another of the pillar games in the early going. Look for October to feature our first SotM from an expansion! Smile

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - J6A - 08-31-2012

4 map setups are a PITA for me. I'll manage it though.

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - Shad - 08-31-2012

It's called Scenario of the Month, not Tiny Scenario of the Month. We need to throw some red meat to the monster grogs once in a while too! Smile

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - Poor Yorek - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 12:55 AM)Shad Wrote: It's called Scenario of the Month, not Tiny Scenario of the Month. We need to throw some red meat to the monster grogs once in a while too! Smile

May have to abstain from meat. Lent in September?

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - zovs - 08-31-2012

So your trying to push be to get Battle of the Bulge, eh...lol

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - tlangston28 - 08-31-2012

I'm still waiting to get my board issue resolved.. Received BotB with 2 #9 boards. I may have to buy "Woods and Hills" after all... Tongue

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - J6A - 08-31-2012

Do the Americans even have a chance in this one. The bridge doesn't enter until turn 72. It takes 2 turns to reach a bridge hex. With 3 engineers, there is a 50% chance of rolling a 1, so 60 turns and it's now turn 134. That's 6 turns to cross 2 boards and take a town. Am I missing something?

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - vince hughes - 08-31-2012

Josh,

Have not looked at it yet, but with Engineers, can they not cross the river without a bridge ?

RE: [SotM] 2012 September - Prepare for Battle! - waynebaumber - 08-31-2012

(08-31-2012, 05:13 PM)vince hughes Wrote: Josh,

Have not looked at it yet, but with Engineers, can they not cross the river without a bridge ?

Vince they can get INF across but MECH have to cross by bailey bridge. When you take a close look at this one you can see why it has not been played yet.