Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panzer Grenadier: Dragon’s Teeth Breaking the Siegfried Line, 1944
05-14-2024, 08:19 AM,
Has anyone recieved Dragon's Teeth yet?
All our pre-order grousing aside, has anyone gotten to look inside the game yet? At the moment it appears be the Elsenborn winter maps and an Invasion of Germany rewrite. Maybe with a redone counterset? Updated Shermans?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-14-2024, 09:44 AM,
RE: Has anyone recieved Dragon's Teeth yet?
(05-14-2024, 08:19 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: All our pre-order grousing aside, has anyone gotten to look inside the game yet? At the moment it appears be the Elsenborn winter maps and an Invasion of Germany rewrite. Maybe with a redone counterset? Updated Shermans?

Aren't the pieces just the original BotB pieces? Always seemed like another kitbash project to me.
05-14-2024, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2024, 09:28 PM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Has anyone recieved Dragon's Teeth yet?
(05-14-2024, 09:44 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: Aren't the pieces just the original BotB pieces? Always seemed like another kitbash project to me.

Going over the daily content articles for Dragon's Teeth, I observe:
  1. The Germans don't seem to have any SS in the counter mix.
  2. The Shermans in the DC articles have an armor of 3, thus not the current standard.
  3. The counter examples have the old 4 digit IDs, like the old 3rd edition games.
  4. The seems to be a Wirbelwind in mix, a piece which hasn't been used since BotB.
  5. The map example is from the Elsenborn Ridge winter maps.
  6. Many scenario names are identical or very similar to IoG scenario names.
Thus I also think it is a kit-bash. That isn't necessarily bad. IoG has be out of print for quite some time, thus a reboot for newer players would be a good thing.

The game will need more than BotB pieces.
  • The game will require strongpoints, if the IoG scenarios transfer over. Those will probably come from Airborne/Airborne:IE.
  • The Americans had good air support. Aircraft pieces could come from Elsenborn or Cassino.
I'm not ready to pony up the $65+shipping to get the game, but I think it is a reasonable consideration for newer players.
JayTownsend likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
3 hours ago,
RE: Panzer Grenadier: Dragon’s Teeth Breaking the Siegfried Line, 1944
I am almost certain Matt turned in the American Beach development years ago. I only helped with some of the special rules so if my name appears on the box, it's by error.

Philippe asked me of I wanted to develop the Ardennes set when he submitted it to APL. I was tempted because the maps were unique and the scenarios interesting but then reason sunk in and I realized I don't want to spend another 400 hours developing scenarios. If the developer can adjust the victory conditions to be balanced, this set should become one of the best game in the series.