Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craig Martin’s Got a PC!
07-30-2020, 02:20 AM,
Craig Martin’s Got a PC!
Let CJ and Peter and Drew rejoice! I’ve got a working PC.
Turns out my old PC was toast. The guy I was working was with sold a beautiful used HP for $150. ($50/hr labor for two ain’t bad, either) So sign me up, guys. (My brother tripped our power yesterday causing the computer to be zapped. I think it’s alright, but I haven’t been able to get back online with it. I’ll probably have to reset the entire system.)
cjsiam likes this post
07-30-2020, 02:41 AM,
RE: Craig Martin’s Got a PC!
Dude, keep you brother away from the power!

God I hope you didn't zap your new PC.....Sisyphus's trials man.....

You seem to be "online" to input to the forum...is that a tablet/or apple thing?

Let me know, send a note when you have PC....
My life sucks right now--but we HAVE to get you started on VASSAL.....for all our sake Smile
cjWink
07-30-2020, 02:47 AM,
Craig (M), good news. Have you got Java? Then you will need Vassal 3.2.17. Don't get the current version unless you like headaches and big downloads. Then you can get started playing with stuff.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-30-2020, 03:06 AM,
(07-30-2020, 02:47 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Craig (M), good news. Have you got Java? Then you will need Vassal 3.2.17. Don't get the current version unless you like headaches and big downloads. Then you can get started playing with stuff.
Yeah, thank God this guy’s coming back today. He’s going to sync the system. The printer was having trouble getting a signal from my computer and has been schizo w my Apple stuff, too. He said the primer needs to be in the same room as the router.
07-30-2020, 05:37 AM,
Yes. That system is Microsoft 10. I believe Java is on right now.
07-30-2020, 05:59 AM,
Good news!
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-30-2020, 12:00 PM,
So everyone is running Explorer or Firefox when playing VASSAL? According to Java Diagnostics, Google can not support NPAPI. I don’t know what NPAPI stands for, but I’ve always run Google. So I guess I’ll switch to Firefox. Never was too jazzzed on IE.
07-30-2020, 12:35 PM,
No, we run Vassal when we play Vassal, web browsers have nothing to do with it. Sometimes I use Skype, others might us zoom. Phones work pretty well too.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-30-2020, 12:45 PM,
(07-30-2020, 12:00 PM)saracv3 Wrote: So everyone is running Explorer or Firefox when playing VASSAL? According to Java Diagnostics, Google can not support NPAPI. I don’t know what NPAPI stands for, but I’ve always run Google. So I guess I’ll switch to Firefox. Never was too jazzzed on IE.

Now. Java Is telling me It can’t run on MS Edge. Guess I’ll go w Firefox.
07-30-2020, 12:58 PM,
I'm not an expert, by any stretch...but...

Java is a SDK (software developers kit) that is distributed and installed in a known location to all software that might use it.
Browsers use it (some, some better then others)
Programs (like vassal) use it as well...

Java is a library of functionality....
Vassal uses this library
Uber uses Vassal....
I pick up your units....
'nuf said.