Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Tank Leaders
02-26-2020, 02:10 PM,
No Tank Leaders
So I am playing the 6th Scenario in PG Uber and realized the Germans have no tank leaders listed in the setup. Since the armor units will be activating themselves, not a leader, does that mean that they cannot advance toward the Soviet forces if there are any AT guns present?
02-26-2020, 02:18 PM,
RE: No Tank Leaders
Germans have inherent tanks leaders with each armor unit. Several other countries inherent armor leaders too. These are listed in rule 6.8, or in the game special rules.
Shad and geofgibson like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-26-2020, 02:43 PM,
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So then, each AFV gets a leader and cannot be activated by another tank leader unless in the same stack. Correct?
02-26-2020, 03:51 PM,
(02-26-2020, 02:43 PM)sasmo12 Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So then, each AFV gets a leader and cannot be activated by another tank leader unless in the same stack. Correct?

Not completely---each tank has a leader---each tank leader can activate the hexes adjacent to him, and his own.....a special case where 
leaders of "equivalent" rank can be activated.....they cannot impact other types of units though....(there are some exceptions---look where peter indicated)

I don't think you can chain---like with multiple level infantry, but a 7hex of tank stacks can all activate at once....
geofgibson likes this post
02-26-2020, 10:52 PM,
(02-26-2020, 03:51 PM)cjsiam Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 02:43 PM)sasmo12 Wrote: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So then, each AFV gets a leader and cannot be activated by another tank leader unless in the same stack. Correct?

Not completely---each tank has a leader---each tank leader can activate the hexes adjacent to him, and his own.....a special case where 
leaders of "equivalent" rank can be activated.....they cannot impact other types of units though....(there are some exceptions---look where peter indicated)

I don't think you can chain---like with multiple level infantry, but a 7hex of tank stacks can all activate at once....

Rule 6.8 - inherent tank leader

Rule 6.81 - they can activate tanks in the 6 adjacent hexes

Rule 6.82 - they cannot chain activate beyond the 6 adjacent hexes

Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...