Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light Woods LOS/LOF
Yesterday, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 12:03 PM by Grognard Gunny.)
Light Woods LOS/LOF
In the Terrain Chart notes it states, under Light Woods & Light Jungle, "Limiting Terrain  (8.2). Units can trace LOS through one light woods or light jungle but cannot trace LOS through two or more light woods or light jungle hexes."

To differentiate this from Heavy Woods/Jungle (Or just woods for that matter.) this tells me that I can see through a Lt Woods/Jungle/Orchard hex and shoot at units in a SECOND Lt woods/jungle/orchard hex, provided one does not fire through more than one Lt woods/jungle/orchard hex. In the regular Woods/Jungle hexes one can only shoot into the first hex. (As in at woods edge.) This rule allows extended sight/shooting range as one can see through the lighter wooded area. This makes sense!

There has come up a "bone of contention" over this rule and the other point of view says one can only see/fire into the first Lt woods/jungle/orchard hex one sees. This would tend to negate any differentiation between the two types of terrain. 

I believe that the "two hex" scenario is correct. Comments.

GG
Yesterday, 12:42 PM,
RE: Light Woods LOS/LOF
Your 2-hex interpretation is the correct one. The first light woods hex does not block LOS. If you can see it, you can shoot it. You still need to be within 3 hexes (4 if recon) to see it, unless they shoot first.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking