Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assault Hex Map
06-02-2020, 09:56 AM,
Assault Hex Map
Getting ready to to Solo Academy, but I am not sure what or how to use the Assault Hex Map in VASSAL?

Thank you in advance.
06-02-2020, 10:23 AM,
RE: Assault Hex Map
The assault map is a way to spread out units which are in an assault hex. The assault map is divided into 6 zones and there is an assault hex marker associated with each zone. There are assault boards which can be found in the Gameplay Markers.

Ideally, open the Assault Map. Get the appropriate Assault Board and drag it to the Assault Map. Right-clcik the Assault Board, use the pop-up menu to assign it to a zone. Drag units in the assault hex to the Assault Board and drag the marker to the main map.

To select an Assault Board after it is positioned, hold the Alt key while clicking on the board. There is one generic board to be used if a sutable board is not in the mix. there are editable text fields in each type of Assault Board.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-02-2020, 10:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 10:36 AM by Kithikor.)
Ok. Thanks
06-02-2020, 12:30 PM,
It's a way to avoid managing monster stacks, but it's optional. I like it a lot and use a similar approach with minefield markers in lieu of assault hex numbers when playing my physical copies.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
06-02-2020, 08:53 PM,
(06-02-2020, 12:30 PM)Shad Wrote: It's a way to avoid managing monster stacks, but it's optional. I like it a lot and use a similar approach with minefield markers in lieu of assault hex numbers when playing my physical copies.

I only asked because in the PDF it said something about getting use to the Assault Map and I was like, "Wait, what?" But I get it now.  Big Grin
06-02-2020, 10:17 PM,
I built a lot of cool little thingies into Über.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking