Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add comments to log files
03-06-2020, 06:22 AM,
Add comments to log files
Hi, new here just wondering the best way to add comments in vassal log files? Type in the vassal chat bar? Also when should the log file be started?

Thanks.
03-06-2020, 07:46 AM,
RE: Add comments to log files
Yes, anything you type into the chat bar is recorded. So treat it like a running narration.

For the mentor's sake, begin the log after setup so we don't need to click 1000x while you fiddle with counters Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-06-2020, 07:55 AM,
In my case, insane ramblings. Smile
03-06-2020, 08:03 AM,
(03-06-2020, 07:55 AM)J6A Wrote: In my case, insane ramblings. Smile

Got it thanks all.
03-06-2020, 08:04 AM,
(03-06-2020, 07:46 AM)Shad Wrote: Yes, anything you type into the chat bar is recorded. So treat it like a running narration.

For the mentor's sake, begin the log after setup so we don't need to click 1000x while you fiddle with counters Smile

Thanks
03-06-2020, 08:10 AM,
There is a comment/dialog box at the bottom of main Vassal window. It might be what you are calling the chat bar. Whatever is entered there while recording the log file will be displayed as the logfile is played back.

The logfile should begin before the first initiative roll. I usually open up the turn track before I start playing anything back, to make sure it was all setup right. If you have doubts about what you may be doing with the turn track, or anything else, start your logfile before then and put questions in the comments. You can also make a text or other document file with questions, then zip it with your logfile, and upload the zip file. Just like when you do a chain of logfiles.
Shad likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking