Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how will i know when a file has been reviewed?
05-30-2020, 12:04 PM,
how will i know when a file has been reviewed?
I have uploaded 4 files.  the first one was 3-4 weeks ago.  they all still say pending review?  I have fifth ready but it wont let me upload it yet.  thanks.
05-30-2020, 12:09 PM,
RE: how will i know when a file has been reviewed?
You will get an email about the review. Read the one about the 4th scenario. Let's not go into that further here.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-30-2020, 01:43 PM,
(05-30-2020, 12:09 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: You will get an email about the review. Read the one about the 4th scenario. Let's not go into that further here.

I suppose some constructive criticism may be due for both of us.  It would be helpful if your website stated that we would receive a response about a submitted logfile via email. Also next to my first three submitted files it says pending approval.  but I have not been required to resubmit them?  So I guess they where approved?   Also your website never really  specifies how much documentation is wanted in the logfiles?  Maybe post an example? Both of us value our time, and it was submitted as a solitaire game file so I was trying to keep it concise and save us both time.
05-30-2020, 10:54 PM,
You are the first person to have an issue with email feedback, in a systemic sense. When a logfile(s) is judged an email is sent to the judge and the player. It has the subject of email is either [ Vassal Academy ] Log File Approved or, if there are serious or on going problems, [ Vassal Academy ] Log File Rejected. In either situation, we include notes we made while playing the logfile.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-31-2020, 07:22 AM,
(05-30-2020, 01:43 PM)fishboy73 Wrote: Also your website never really  specifies how much documentation is wanted in the logfiles?  Maybe post an example?

These are good suggestions, thank you.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-31-2020, 07:56 AM,
Yes, I get a lot of emails. It’s helpful to know when I should expect one. I am probably not alone in this? A lack of communication, perhaps, leading to a misunderstanding.

I have found the emails. I appreciate the time and thorough response from the reviewer and reached out to him thanking him and asking him to clarify a few more details. I can sense frustration in later emails as it was thought I was intentionally ignoring them and wasting his time. Far from it. Simply a lack of understanding of the process. At any rate I will document better in future submissions.
05-31-2020, 08:40 AM,
(05-31-2020, 07:56 AM)fishboy73 Wrote: Yes, I get a lot of emails. It’s helpful to know when I should expect one. I am probably not alone in this? A lack of communication, perhaps, leading to a misunderstanding.

I have found the emails. I appreciate the time and thorough response from the reviewer and reached out to him thanking him and asking him to clarify a few more details. I can sense frustration in later emails as it was thought I was intentionally ignoring them and wasting his time. Far from it. Simply a lack of understanding of the process. At any rate I will document better in future submissions.

Both reviewers now.