Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Uber Scenario 4
02-20-2020, 10:40 AM,
PG Uber Scenario 4
I am trying to set up scenario 4; however, when I use the Map 5 - 90° I cannot flip it to match the setup for the scenario.

The "flip" option dissappears when I select weither of the 90° maps. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
02-20-2020, 10:48 AM,
RE: PG Uber Scenario 4
(02-20-2020, 10:40 AM)sasmo12 Wrote: I am trying to set up scenario 4; however, when I use the Map 5 - 90° I cannot flip it to match the setup for the scenario.

The "flip" option dissappears when I select weither of the 90° maps. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

It appears you are right!  I think this is an issue introduced in the last version of Uber, as it was working before.

Peter---all the "horizontal - 90deg" maps have lost their flip button/check box.....

Skip this one and go to 5...it's fun.....for germans..... this you can come back to after this gets looked at by peter.
Smile
cjSmile
02-20-2020, 10:59 AM,
I found it. Fixed and uploaded a new version. Try it when you get a change.

I kind of expect a few little misses like that are going to emerge.
Shad likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-20-2020, 11:31 AM,
So Peter---to correct this....

I got both the Uber Module and the core extension....renamed the old versions in their directories....pasted the new ones...
I took down (removed) the old uber.....from vassal
OPEN the Uber Module

it worked....But, I think it may be easier----
Do I ONLY need to replace the extension in the _ext directory? and then restart? Is that enough?

Thanks!---We need a "How to update your Uber"....
cjSmile
02-20-2020, 11:38 AM,
(02-20-2020, 11:31 AM)cjsiam Wrote: it worked....But, I think it may be easier----
Do I ONLY need to replace the extension in the _ext directory? and then restart? Is that enough?

Yes. Just save the new extension into your extension directory, or use the menu entry to install it (does the same thing). Deactivate or delete the old one.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-20-2020, 12:18 PM,
(02-20-2020, 10:40 AM)sasmo12 Wrote: I am trying to set up scenario 4; however, when I use the Map 5 - 90° I cannot flip it to match the setup for the scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for taking the time to post your difficulties. We can't fix something if we don't know about it. But just as with this example, once we're aware of a problem we're pretty quick to jump into action! Smile
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-20-2020, 12:35 PM,
(02-20-2020, 12:18 PM)Shad Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for taking the time to post your difficulties. We can't fix something if we don't know about it. But just as with this example, once we're aware of a problem we're pretty quick to jump into action! Smile

We Rock......just saying...
02-20-2020, 12:49 PM,
Got it working. Thanks for the fast responses and expedited solution.
cjsiam likes this post
02-21-2020, 05:51 AM,
Speaking of flipped maps.  Do you use a separate image for a map in each orientation (horizontal and vertical)?  I'm curious because the Lock n Load Tactical maps in VASSAL don't do this, and I was told they can't do it, and I'm wondering if the simple solution there is just putting in more map images.
02-21-2020, 09:31 AM,
Thanks for correcting this so quickly.....hadn't had anyone get to #4 yet, so it's fixed before it even came up!